From AI to wearable devices, technology is transforming healthcare at a quick pace. Wearable technologies like TaoPatch play an essential role in managing several conditions. You can look at this Taopatch Review to understand more about the device. Just to remind you that Taopatch Is Not a Scam from the different research and reviews done about the product.
The physician dispensing tools is also vital as it enables doctors and clinics to give patients stress-free alternatives for receiving medication. BRP Pharmaceuticals has the best point of care dispensing for this task. The lab is an essential part of any medical facility. Implementing modern technologies like laboratory information system software is also essential.
Laboratory information system (LIS) is a complex of software and hardware, specifically created for a medical clinical diagnostic laboratory, and providing collection, processing, and accumulation of information, automation of technological processes, as well as management and communication processes. It is believed that it makes sense to implement LIS in the laboratory with a load of 250 biomaterials per day. The introduction of LIS in laboratories with a lower material flow can also have a tangible effect.
So why do we need laboratory information systems? What do they give to the laboratory and the medical institution as a whole?
First of all, they contribute to the fulfillment of the main task of any medical worker – to improve the quality of medical care due to several factors discussed below.
Minimizing the number of errors in laboratory tests (mainly related to patient identification), as well as cases of information loss and related re-examinations due to:
- Extensive opportunities for logging, analysis, and management of work processes make it possible to track the fate of any biomaterial in the laboratory, which, if necessary, can be used when considering controversial issues and analyzing work efficiency.
- Automation of the process of quality control of laboratory research allows you to manage the reliability of the results effectively.
- Reduction of the time of examinations due to the elimination of manual operations of documenting determines the prompt receipt of the results of laboratory examinations to the patient’s attending physician, which makes it possible to start adequate treatment faster.
Security and Confidentiality
Ensuring security and confidentiality requirements is possible only when using information systems. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to provide a sufficiently effective set of necessary measures manually. Consider the components of the security system.
- First of all, LIS allows providing access to laboratory data for a strictly defined circle of people. Access to data can be limited physically (by using a dedicated computer network to which only certain users have access) and logically.
- The presence of an automatic system for clear logging of the LIS workflow (fixing the time of receipt of material, the time of its registration, the time of receipt of results, the time of approval of the results, and the time of issuing a report on the study) is the basis of the safety of the laboratory itself, the protocols of the system can be used to protect the laboratory and its personnel in the event of legal conflicts.
Improving the quality of service delivery usually leads to an increase in the prestige of the medical institution. Many will prefer to deal with a partner who works quickly and efficiently, offers convenient forms of interaction in the matter of receiving orders and issuing results, and also provides documentation in a standardized form. Therefore, an increase in the prestige of the workplace, laboratory, and medical facility generally leads to a rise in demand for the services provided.
The functional capabilities of LIS are very diverse. Their set varies significantly from manufacturer to manufacturer. The possibility of including certain functions in the LIS according to the laboratory’s needs makes it possible to obtain a system with the capabilities necessary for this institution.
Choosing a Computer Equipment
When choosing equipment for building a LIS, you can be guided by various considerations. However, one must take into account the requirements and recommendations of the LIS supplier for computer equipment. Often, an organization that implements LIS in a laboratory will recommend a computer vendor with a good track record. The ideal option is the supply of equipment and the installation of a turnkey computer network by one organization, which will take over the maintenance of the equipment in the future.
Do not forget about the simple rule of choosing a technique – the quality is proportional to the cost. Neglecting this truth and pursuing momentary savings can result in unplanned expenses for repairs and even replacement of the computer fleet and, of course, LIS malfunctions.